Another busy week, reaching the halfway point

July 7th, 2013 lnchin14

Sorry for being MIA this week, I have been quite busy between traveling a bit and enjoying the sun on my long weekend. On Monday I sent out e-mails to volunteers and agencies reminding them to sign up online for Day of Caring. I was hoping to have a few more projects submitted and volunteers registered before leaving for the holiday.

On Tuesday, I headed with Alex, the Youth Programs Intern, to Community Harvest Project for one of her events. We spent the morning picking zucchini and squash, tending (aka weeding) the peppers and the finished up by washing and packaging some of the vegetables that we had picked. Our guide was Abby, a Holy Cross student, and we also bumped into a few other familiar Holy Cross faces while we were there! The farm is run by volunteers all year round and the food is donated to the Worcester County Food Bank, all the kids seemed to really enjoy helping out on the farm.

On Wednesday, I worked to modify/create the Release of Liability/ Consent Forms for volunteers. Then I sent out yet another e-mail to agencies (I hope they aren’t too tired of receiving them yet!), the e-mail was reminding them to submit projects for Day of Caring because the deadline is fast approaching!

Wednesday after work I headed home for my family’s annual 4th of July barbeque, which is always finished by a trip into Boston to see the fireworks. Then I headed south to the Cape and then also up to Gloucester to stick my toes in the sand, melt in the 90+ temperatures, and freeze in the water.

It has been a busy week and weekend and it is hard to believe that I am now halfway through my internship! Back into the office tomorrow to really push and reiterate next week’s project registration deadline. I’m hoping to have more volunteers and projects than ever for United Way of CM’s 20th annual Day of Caring!