Summer’s almost over! This is the second to last week of my internship at United Way. I have been working to organize volunteer and agency information packets to send out in the coming weeks. Also, I have been calling and e-mailing a few more agencies and schools who have participated in past years to get a few more projects registered.
Lastly, I have been planning and organizing the Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. There are five main parts to the luncheon that I have spent a lot of time researching and getting information on. THey include:
1. An activity to get people interacting and chatting. – I have been looking ice-breakers and bridal/baby shower games to get my ideas flowing.
2. Lunch – Speaking with different caterers to get quotes, specifically those located at St. Vincent.
3. Centerpieces – A fun decoration, likely edible!
4. Entertainment – Likely a student group or individual to sing, play an instrument, etc. from one of the local colleges.
5. Giveaways/Prizes – Something fun and an prize people want to win and take home!
I am excited to spend the remainder of the week making decisions on the luncheon and I hope it will be a fun and memorable part of the day for volunteers.
Now, it’s time to pack up my apartment to move out of Williams tomorrow. I will be commuting to Worcester rather than moving into Clark for the final week of my internship. It’s hard to believe how fast the past eight weeks have gone by!<< Older Entries