Welcome!

June 3rd, 2013 lnchin14

Hi I’m Lauren and have just finished my junior year that began in July with the fall semester in Melbourne, Australia and ended with exams and papers on campus just a few weeks ago. I am a psychology major with an education minor from Arlington, Massachusetts. After a week relaxing on the beaches and exploring the shops of Martha’s Vineyard, I am unpacking my beach gear and packing my kitchen supplies, bedding, and business casual clothes. I am excited to move back on campus on Sunday. And in just a few days, I will begin my internship at the United Way in Worcester. While at United Way, I will be the Program Assistant for the Day of Caring event that will take place in early September.

The Day of Caring event is a one-day event in which different non-profit organizations in the community submit various projects to be done by over 1,000 volunteers in the community. As the Program Assistant, I will be helping to organize and plan the event specifically the volunteers and different project sites. The internship was offered to students in Career Planning’s Summer Internship Program (SIP). I have heard of United Way and have been involved with different non-profit organizations growing up and while at Holy Cross. After participating in the Community Based Learning office’s Non-Profit Careers conference in January, I set my hopes on gaining more experience in a non-profit organization this summer. Additionally, on campus I am involved in various clubs and have enjoyed planning different events on campus and working in the community at the Boys and Girls Club. This internship will be a great experience to learn, grow, and continue to further develop my interest and skills.

I am excited to be back on the Hill and begin my internship on Monday. By next week, I am sure I will have more to update and fill you in on!